According to a recent TapInfluence study, 84% of marketers are planning an influencer marketing campaign in 2017. With consumers looking for ways to drown out advertisements and the other influx of distractions on the web, influencer marketing should be considered for your digital strategy. If you are wondering how you can engage with influencers, I have compiled a list of few tactics that may work for your brand.
1. Brand Ambassadorship: Having a brand ambassador could be an awesome thing for your company. Brand ambassadors represent your business in a positive light and are a true fan of your product or service. Their purpose is increase brand awareness and sales. They communicate with their audience publicly about the brand through social media, email and other one-to-one channels.
2. Sponsored Content: Takes a brand’s marketing objectives and creates custom messaging that resonates with an influencer’s audience. Sponsored content can come in a variety of forms including a sponsored Instagram post, blog article or custom video.
3. Product Reviews: Provide products to an influencer to have them do an honest review and share their thoughts with their audience.
4. Brand Mentions: Instances when a brand is mentioned online, usually within social media, a blog post or website article.
5. Event Coverage: A great way to amplify your brand message is to invite key influencers to an event where they can share their experience with their audience. Personalized details, great giveaways and a custom hashtag are also key at events to increase awareness.
6. Affiliate Links: A brand partners with an influencer to promote their offer, deals, products, etc. The influencer is then paid a revenue share of the sale that they helped generate from their site.
Is your brand considering influencer marketing in 2017 or have you already tried it? What tactics do you plan to tap into and include in your upcoming strategies?